Home › Tophatter Auction Room Guidelines
Live chat is a key element of the Tophatter experience and we encourage lively discussion. In order to keep the experience positive for all community members, we request all members to follow these etiquette guidelines.We primarily rely on the community to self-enforce these guidelines - consistent reporting of users for violating these guidelines will result in a user being muted from live chat.
- Keep it clean
- Be respectful & supportive
- Ask questions about items: shipping time, retail price, condition of the item, etc.
- Promote your items while you are the seller on the block
- Swear, threaten, bully others or use derogatory language
- Disparage other buyers for their bids or winning bid amount
- Spam or promote items while you are not on the block
- Promote other marketplaces
- Complain in the auction rooms
- Engage in seller-specific discussions in the auction room
For seller-specific discussion, you can join the seller Forum & Lounge or join any of our category-specific Facebook groups.
For account-specific inquiries or technical issues, you can contact the Support team.
Last updated Aug 08, 2014 11:16AM PDT.