- If you issue a full refund very shortly after and order is paid, the transaction is voided, which means it is reversed before settling. This voids the order before any fees are billed. Since no fees are billed, there are no credits issued, and you won't pay a Refund Deduction. The transaction will say Voided on your Orders page.
If you issue a full refund after the payment has settled, Tophatter will pay the buyer for the refunded amount, and you will still receive the original disbursement. A "Refund Deduction" will be added to your Fees for the amount disbursed to you. In other words, you will not pay seller fees on the transaction. The transaction will say Refunded on your Items page.
Seller fees for orders refunded and have invalid tracking will not be refunded to the seller and the seller will be liable for these fees. This happens when a customer files an item-not-received complaint which ends in a refund. Refunds for invalid tracking happen in the following scenarios:
- 1) A late item is never marked shipped, a case is opened in the Resolution Center, and the order is refunded.
- 2) An order is marked shipped with a tracking number, but the package is never accepted by the shipping carrier a case is opened in the Resolution Center, and the order is refunded.
- 3) An order is marked shipped and is accepted by the carrier, a case is opened in the Resolution Center, and the order is refunded.
- If you issue a partial refund, we will include a pro-rated credit in the Refund Deduction amount we invoice you for the refund, reimbursing you for applicable fees. Since it's still a completed sale, the success fee and processing fee will not be credited. However, you will get the percentage difference of the Tophatter commission on the hammer and shipping price. For example, if it's a $12 sale and you refund the customer $2, we will credit you the commission difference between a $12 sale and a $10 sale.
- Purchased shipping labels can be voided if they are not yet scanned as Accepted. If you void a purchased shipping label, you will automatically be reimbursed for the purchased shipping label.
- If a sale is refunded prior to the shipping label being used, the shipping label will be voided, and you will automatically be reimbursed for the purchased shipping label.
- Once scanned as Accepted, purchased shipping labels cannot be voided or reimbursed. If an order is refunded after delivery, the shipping label fee cannot be reimbursed.
- As of July 1st 2016, if you purchased a shipping label from Tophatter and have received a package that was returned to sender due to a bad address it may be reimbursable. Please Contact Support with the order number if you would like us to look into an order for you.
- Sellers may be liable for any shipping overages for shipments that do not match the postage class purchased.