What are the requirements for shipping?
1. All shipments, both domestic and international, are required to ship with valid tracking numbers. Sellers must mark items as shipped and enter a valid tracking number. The tracking information will be sent to the buyer automatically so they can follow the package's progress. The ability to track packages is very important to buyer retention. Note: hand delivery or local pick-up of items is not supported. All items must be shipped with valid tracking numbers.
2. Shipped orders must be scanned as accepted by the carrier within 2 days of printing the shipping label. If an item is not scanned as accepted by the shipping carrier within 2 calendar days of marking the item shipped and creating the shipping label, the item status will be considered untrackable. Having too many untrackable orders will impact a seller's ability to sell items and can delay payment until the shipping status has been resolved.
3. Sellers are responsible for making sure the carrier scans their items upon acceptance. Review our FAQ How do I create a SCAN form? if you plan to ship a large number of packages.
On Tophatter, the item's shipping status will shows as "Preparing to Ship" before the package has been scanned as accepted by the shipping carrier. The status will change to "In Transit" after the package has been officially accepted by the carrier. When the package is confirmed as delivered by the carrier, its status will update to "Delivered" on Tophatter. If tracking confirms a package has been has been accepted by the carrier more than 24 hours ago and the shipping status on Tophatter has not updated, contact the Support team for assistance.
Which shipping carriers or tracking formats are accepted?
Tophatter supports the following carriers. Only orders where tracking can be validated and tracked up to the point of delivery will be eligible for seller protection.
Recommend and Reliable Carriers:
- U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
- China EMS
- Tophatter Express
- Australia Post
- DHL eCommerce / DHL Global Mail
- DHL Global Mail Asia
- S.F. Express
- S.F. International
- UBI Logistics Australia
- Yodel Domestic (For UK orders)
Other carriers (NOT RECOMMENDED):
- Asendia USA
- Canada Post
- China Post (Not acceptable for US orders)
- DHL Hong Kong
- EMPS Express
- German Post DHL
- Hong Kong Post
- India Post (International)
- Korea Post
- Malaysia Post EMS / Poslaju
- Singapore Post
- Taiwan Post
- UPS Mail Innovations
- Yun Express
Items that cannot be tracked through to delivery will not qualify for Seller Protection.