What are the requirements for shipping?
1. All shipments, both domestic and international, are required to ship with valid tracking numbers.
Sellers must mark items as shipped and enter a valid tracking number from a supported carrier. The tracking information will be sent to the buyer automatically so they can follow the package's progress.
2. Orders that are not shipping to the US are not required to receive Delivery scans.
All orders, including International orders, are required to ship with a valid tracking number and receive an Acceptance scan. Only orders tracked to the point of delivery with valid tracking will be eligible for seller protection.
3. Shipped orders must be scanned as accepted by the carrier within 2 days of printing the shipping label. If an item is not scanned as accepted by the shipping carrier within 2 calendar days of marking the item shipped and creating the shipping label, the item status will be considered untrackable. Having too many untrackable orders will impact a seller's ability to sell items and can delay payment until the shipping status has been resolved.
4. Sellers are responsible for making sure the carrier scans their items upon acceptance. Review our FAQ How do I create a SCAN form? if you plan to ship a large number of packages.
On Tophatter, the item's shipping status will shows as "Preparing to Ship" before the package has been scanned as accepted by the shipping carrier. The status will change to "In Transit" after the package has been officially accepted by the carrier. When the package is confirmed as delivered by the carrier, its status will update to "Delivered" on Tophatter. If the carrier shows an update over 24 hours ago and Tophatter has not updated the status, please reach out to Support with the order number and tracking number so we may assist.
5. Hand delivery or local pick-up of items is not supported. All items must be shipped with valid tracking numbers.
Which shipping carriers or tracking formats are accepted?
Tophatter supports the following carriers. Only orders where tracking can be validated and tracked up to the point of delivery will be eligible for seller protection.
Recommend and Reliable Carriers:
U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
DHL eCommerce / DHL Global Mail
DHL Global Mail Asia
UBI Logistics Australia (Not allowed for US orders)
Yodel Domestic (UK orders only)
Chukouyi (US only)
Other carriers (NOT RECOMMENDED):
- Canada Post
- China Post (Not allowed for US orders)
- German Post DHL
- Hong Kong Post
- India Post (International)
- Korea Post
- Singapore Post (Not allowed for US orders)
- Taiwan Post
- UPS Mail Innovations
- Wise Express (US only)
- Yanwen (For US orders only, and only full tracking formats accepted)
- Yun Express (Not allowed for US orders)