Yes, bids are real! All the items on the platform are really for sale, and your bid is considered a legitimate offer. Payment is expected immediately after winning.
Bids are completely free; you will only pay when you purchase through Buy Now, or when you're the winning bidder on an item in a live auction.
Bidding starts with a predetermined opening bid amount. Real, live shoppers place subsequent bids in real-time, increasing the price and bid increment. When a new high bid is recognized, the viewing time for the item is extended by a few seconds.
The final winning bid is the price at which the item will be sold. Items may have an additional shipping price, which is indicated on each listing.
The button next to any item shows the bidding status:
- BUY NOW means you can buy the item right away without placing a bid.
- NEXT means bidding will start in a moment. Watch for this to change to a BID button.
- BID $_ means you can place a bid for the item at the price indicated.
- OUTBID appears if someone has outbid you. You can try bidding again at the next increment.
- WINNING appears when you've successfully placed a bid and you're the highest bidder. Keep an eye on the item to make sure no one outbids you. If they do, you can bid again at the next increment.
- The progress bar under the button is a countdown showing how much longer the item will be accepting bids, along with "Going Once", "Going Twice" notices to place another bid.
- SOLD means that item has been won by the highest bidder, and it is no longer accepting bids.
- RESERVE NOT MET means the item had a reserve price which was not met, and the item did not sell. The next item will appear shortly.
- CLOSED means the bidding time ended without a valid bid being placed, and the item did not sell. The next item will appear shortly.
Scroll up and down through the slots to view even more available items.