We encourage you to follow these best practices for success:
- Keep inventory stocked & up-to-date - Check your product quantities regularly to ensure there is enough inventory to meet your terms. Keeping products in stock will ensure they are scheduled and gain exposure and alerts prior to going on the block. Alerts lead to more attendees, which leads to more bidding and higher prices.
- Know your inventory - If you don't have stock in hand and drop-ship items, a hands-on quality test and inspection of each type of item that you sell will help you get to know your inventory and cultivate great product ratings. It's worth discontinuing the sale of items that feel, look or seem low quality to you.
- Low & compelling starting bids - Tophatter no longer requires all items to start at $1, but it is encouraged because it creates excitement and increases buyer competition, which in turn generates higher selling prices.
- Strong Images: You can add up to 8 images per product. Our auctions move fast, so adding as many high quality images as you can is crucial for sell rate.
- Variety is the key to success - we encourage you to list a wide variety of products in your account. Offering variety helps drive prices higher, too.
- Ensure that your listings are accurate- Ensure that your listing photos only include what is included in the listing. Having clear information such as a sizing chart and/or color swatches lead to a much better buyer experience. Add details to your product listings such as exact dimensions, measurements in English units for all apparel items, and objects, mannequins, or a ruler for size comparison in your photos to help buyers understand what to expect when the item arrives.
- Manage performance: At Tophatter, you can scale your sales very quickly by using Scheduling Fee Bidding. As a result, it’s very important for you to keep an eye on performance. Specifically, monitor sell rate, average sales price, and update your pricing/scheduling fee bids accordingly.
After your items sell, here are the most important things to follow-up on:
Ship quickly - our best sellers ship items out within 1 business day and customers love it!
Respond to your Support Tickets - customers may have questions about orders; fast customer service makes the experience so much better!
Our Support team is here to help - if you have any questions as you process your orders, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.