Selling terms are an agreement to sell products on Tophatter at the fee structure outlined for a specific category. Confirming selling terms means you are agreeing to have your products scheduled through Tophatter's Autoscheduling system, to pay all fees accrued through sales made on the platform, and to honor all sales made on the site.
Scheduling fees are a flat fee per listing, whether the item goes sold or unsold. Scheduling fees are not charged on unpaid, canceled or refunded orders.
Commission fees are a percentage commission on the final hammer price + shipping price for paid items.
Commission on starting bids is calculated as a percentage (%) of the minimum bid price.
** All transactions are also assessed a Processing Fee, for more information please refer to the Payouts section below.
Sellers are required to follow listing guidelines by category and must not list any banned items in their account.
- Fashion Brands - If your terms are in the Fashion Brands category, only branded fashion items will be selected for sale. A full list of eligible fashion brands is available here.
- Beauty - If your terms are in the Beauty category only beauty items are eligible to be listed/sold.
- Apparel - If your terms are in the Apparel category only unbranded/name brand clothing can be listed. This category includes intimates.
- Accessories - If your terms are in the Accessories category only unbranded/name brand accessories can be listed.
- Home - If your terms are in the Home category only products for the home can be listed. Non-decor Electronic items should be listed under the Electronics category. Art and/or print reproductions should be listed in the Art category.
- Electronics - If your terms are in the Electronics category only electronics can be listed. Sport/fitness watches are considered electronics, however analog wristwatches should be listed in auctions under the Apparel & Accessories category.
- Electronics (Branded) - If your terms are in the Branded Electronics category only branded electronics can be listed. Non-branded electronics can only be sold in Electronics events.
- Collectibles - If your terms are in the Collectibles category the following items are eligible to be listed/sold: antiques, coins, dolls, glassware, limited edition items, memorabilia, military, stamps, trading cards, and vintage items.
- Supplies - If your terms are in the Supplies category the following items are eligible to be listed/sold: beads, charms, chains in individual or multiple quantities, craft kits and tools, fabric, findings, jewelry-making supplies and tools, loose gemstones, paper, pendants without chains, scrapbooking supplies, sewing notions, shipping & business supplies and yarn.
- Watches - If your terms are in the Watches category only watches (electronic and analog) can be listed.
- Jewelry - If your terms are in the Jewelry category only properly listed and un-restricted jewelry items can be listed. More information on how to list jewelry items on Tophatter properly can be viewed here.
Payouts are processed to a seller's chosen payout method. Each payment made incurs a processing fee of 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction. These fees are in addition to the Tophatter fees outlined in your selling terms.
Payouts are made after tracking confirms that items are Delivered. For additional details on how this works, please click here.
All shipments must ship with valid tracking numbers; tracking through to delivery is required on Tophatter. For details on accepted shipping carriers, please click here.